[C320-list] Perkins Water Impeller

wflowe3 at netscape.net wflowe3 at netscape.net
Mon Dec 14 12:03:21 PST 2009

 It sort of depends on how long it has been since the last time it was changed. I had your same engine on a Beneteau 281.  The impeller had not been changed for six years when I bought the boat and I had a really hard time getting it out. I used needle nose pliers and ended up tearing fins off the impeller but it finally came out.   Be careful if you try to pry it out with a screw driver.  The edge if the pump, under the cover is brass or bronze and very soft. I later got an inexpensive puller from "Speedseal". it is made of plastic and comes with grease. Make sure when you replace it to us some grease on the shaft.