[C320-list] Draft... again!

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Fri Dec 18 20:40:51 PST 2009

Hello All,

On my boat, #333 I have the deep bilge.  Originally Dawn Treader had
the 4'10" keel, however it was killing me racing.  So I went with the
Fin Keel - 6' 3" draw.  I forget the exact number, but I believe I
also saved about 450 lbs in mass with the keel change (I will look it
up some time).

Either way I point better and move faster, which is good in the light
air sailing of Lake Michigan.  Now sailing in San Francisco Harbor is
a whole different story...I still love the fin keel.

Now I take it for those looking with the wing keel you are focusing on
shallow water sailing - and that the 6" change in depth would kill
you.  For me, I tried not to sail in areas where I was cutting it that
close, especially with the wing keel.

Best Regards,
Andrew
C320 "Dawn Treader"