[C320-list] Boat TV //// Try a preamp at the antenna side of the signal to boost antenna performance

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 14:32:38 PST 2009

John,

I experienced real good performance out of my "Boat Antenna" (circular
design hosted up with the halyard) before the switch to digital signals.

When I had to begin using a digital converter, I got very sketchy
performance from the Boat Antenna.

After experimenting with various powered and unpowered antenna alternatives
I finally achieved great digital signals from even under powered TV stations
when I added an outdoor residential TV antenna preamp attached to the Boat
Antenna frame.

I now also run coax to the digital converter and pick 4 times as many
signals, all with exceptional reliability and clarity than ever experienced
before. The number of channels and level of reception now exceeds what I had
before the switch to digital broadcasts. The preamp costs about 35 dollars
when purchased online. Radio Shack does not have the preamps that work well,
but have inline amps that do not do the job necessary to amplify the initial
signal at the point of signal reception.

Rick
My-Ria 277