[C320-list] A Great New Year!

Ken Danko ken320 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 31 13:31:16 PST 2009

In the bay area, "property" tax is assessed to the owner of record on
12/31 although it is generally not paid till August. It varies from
county to county but is generally about 1%. As a result, any
contemplated boat purchase near the end of the year is better off
postponed till January. That way the seller pays the tax, not the buyer.

Ken Danko
802, Grace
San Francisco