[C320-list] New Cruising Mailsail

Larry & Melissa theleibmans at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 06:22:33 PST 2009

John,

Although I have not yet updated the sails on my C320, I did on my other boat, a 1988 Cal 28. Since I did not race that boat I was just looking to replace the existing original aged sails with some more "shapely" coastal cruising sails. I ended up purchasing a new Rolly Tasker genoa from National Sails in 2005 and was very impressed with the quality and service. In 2008 I purchased a new loose-footed main from them as well and again was happy with the result. In both cases I measured the existing sails carefully before ordering, although I would guess this is less of an issue on the Catalinas as they have them listed in their "stock" sails section. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. They use the same high quality dacron sail cloth that many local sailmakers will use and were very reasonably priced. Of course, if there are any adjustments needed or any specific concerns about fitment, it's hard to beat the convenience of a local sailmaker.

Larry