[C320-list] Bilge Pump Question

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:49:57 PST 2009

Doug, I added a check valve just behind the pump that takes care of the
problem. It's a simple thing to do. I'll e-mail you a picture.

You have to be sure to pump a gallon or more antifreeze through the bilge
when winterizing.

The next best thing you can do is to replace the corrugated hose with one
that has a smooth inside surface. The corrugation adds much friction and
harbors growth.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay