[C320-list] Yamaha EF2400 iS portable generator

Arthur Freedman saltyvet at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 18 04:42:44 PST 2009

Hi Rick,

I connect the gen to the shore power inlet with a pigtail adaptor.  My
battery charger
is a Charles 20 Amp, which was reconfigured by Charles for my Gel
batteries.
The gen could handle a larger charger  So figure 20 Amps or 10 Amps per
my 4D's.   I have a West marine Combiner connecting the two batteries
so they charge
as needed regardless of the battery position switch.  Depending how
long between charges and usage,
I would say 3-4 hours.    Once the batteries have been charging for an
hour, I can usually switch on the hot water heater
and do both at the same time.  The Gen is at maximum so it is  at its
loudest compared to the lower db when charging the
batteries alone.  Again I have had no problems with the Kipor.
My 310 has a 11 gallon tank so it takes about 25 minutes to bring the
water to shower temp.

Art