[C320-list] fuel gauge repeat

james_delong james_delong at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 24 06:01:45 PST 2009

I know this has been discussed before, but I am one of those over 60's with a case of CRS...And it's fun reading this stuff over again anyway.

Fuel gauge...

Worked fine until 6 months ago.  Then worked fine when it had the urge. When underway it would register for a time then drop to zero.

Then one time I noticed it had a spasm. The needle jumped all over for 15 seconds or so then went to zero.  No sign of life since. Died before my eyes.

Any ideas with these symptoms?  What % chance is it the connections, % chance the sender, or % chance the gauge?  I'll average the responses and the highest % will win and I'll attack that component first!

Thanks for all the votes!

Jim DeLong  -  McGeeves  #453