[C320-list] Fireworks in Sydney

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Thu Jan 1 08:39:13 PST 2009

The wind was howling here in Annapolis yesterday and last night, with
temperatures in the 20s (F) in the evening and wind chill well below
that.  We had winds in the 30 knot gusting to 40 range in the afternoon,
and these had died down to high teens to twenties by midnight.
Unfortunately, the wind caused midnight fireworks to be canceled, but we
got to watch the lighted sailboat drop from the top of the flagpole on
the city dock.  This is our version of the Times Square celebration.
Those of you who attended the Association Regatta in August know the
location well -- it's right where we saw the incredible hail storm!
Annapolis weather can be interesting.

Happy New Year to all.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, 653