[C320-list] Companionway Steps

Fri Jan 9 18:29:50 PST 2009

What I did was to use blue tape to line out two rectangular areas on each step then mixed epoxy and course sand, trowled it on, let it set then varnished everything...very 'yachtie' look to it...
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Karl Mielenhausen _/)" [c320 at suddenlink.net]
Sent: 01/09/2009 09:24 PM EST
To: "C320IA Discussion List" <C320-List at catalina320.org>
Subject: [C320-list] Companionway Steps

-------------- next part --------------
After struggling with some of the same refinishing questions about the
companionway steps and thinking about ways to improve the traction (I've
seen how some have used 3M anti-slip tape), I decided to strip the steps
of all polyurethane finish and use teak oil.
I think it looks great.
http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20081116142104228

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690

Join us August 7-9, 2009 at Marina Del Rey, CA for our annual Catalina 320
IA Regatta and Annual Meeting.