[C320-list] Rub Rail Glue?

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 12 14:45:21 PST 2009

The correct procedure is to   1) pound it back and hope it holds-----2)purchase new rub rail.
A  CAT. 36 owner--two slips down--yearly removes the rub rail, paints the rail, then re-installs using silicone caulk to help keep it in place----the caulk makes it easier to remove the next year----i.e., NO GLUE EVER.  If the alumininum rail has been damaged,  then you either work to re-store or repace the damaged section.
   The "best" solution is a new vinyl insert---provided you desire beauty for the lady.
   Regards, Ken  #219 , OBUOY