[C320-list] Bottom keel to Pulpit height

Sat Jan 17 15:32:11 PST 2009

Andrew,

Many 320's with fin keels are shipped from Florida west and before from California east, again, call Warren at the Largo plant and ask which trucker (s) they use for shipping
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Andrew Santangelo [andrew_santangelo at mac.com]
Sent: 01/17/2009 04:22 PM MST
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Bottom keel to Pulpit height

Hello all,

I have no doubt about the wing-keeled version of the C320 can be
shipped with the keel on. Mine was also!

However, the FIN keel adds 2' feet to the height.  The set requirement
on the road is the height cannot exceed 13' 6" with boat and trailer.
Anything above that required special permits, added fees, careful
route planning, removal of all rails and/or the keel.  Boat haulers I
saying the height cannot exceed 11' feet from keel to pulpit.

I know the height from the bottom of the keel to the water line is 6'
3" - the question then becomes is what is the height from the water
line to the pulpits. Anything more than 4' 9" and I have some
troubles.  My guesstimate is there is an added 6', but I do not know
from 1500 miles away.

-- Andrew