[C320-list] Engine problems

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 05:14:48 PST 2009

John,

The suggestions to check for water are good and the use of a biocide
certainly helps (I use Biobor JF), however if you use the same fuel dock you
may want to check to see if they already add a biocide as many do these
days. If that is the case you should be more discerning in your use of
Biocides--the downside of these is that they kill the critters which in turn
creates sludge at the bottom of your tank.
Given the age of your boat, you may want to look into a fuel polishing
service. Unfortunately our tanks do not have inspection ports, but it is
possible to see if you have sludge build up from years of service...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582