[C320-list] 2 hose clamps

Sun Jan 18 10:23:50 PST 2009

Good, keep my record going, not being wrong so far in 2009...thanks Karl
:)

             "Karl
             Mielenhausen
             <c320 at suddenlink         C320-List at catalina320.com
             .net>                                                     cc
             Sent by:
             c320-list-bounce                                     Subject
             s at lists.catalina         Re: [C320-list] 2 hose clamps
             320.com

             01/18/2009 10:12
             AM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

John,

You are not alone there, my boat (#690) has only a single clamp on the
hoses in and out of the strainer.
I noticed that when I changed out the cracked hose running from the
thruhull to the strainer. The nipple length looks sufficient to support a

second clamp, but Allan's caution is quite valid. I plan on
double-checking the length before I install the second clamps.

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690

Join us August 7-9, 2009 at Marina Del Rey, CA for our annual Catalina 320

IA Regatta and Annual Meeting.