[C320-list] FW: Magnum Charger/Inverters..any comments?

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:36:41 PST 2009

You are so right about that, Chris.  Thanks for picking up on that.  As part
of my project I also installed a high-output alternator and external
regulator.  With that, I ran a new cable from the alt. output to (in my case
I took the easy route too,) to the batt. Switch.  That was put on the switch
post with the house bank (red) cable.  By doing that, the alt. charging
current bypasses the switch insuring no possibility of an open circuit when
running.  What I can't seem to remember is what I did with the pos. cable
that went from the old alt. to the starter.  I don't remember removing it
(???)  That's what happens when you are over 60: CRS (Can't remember sh&*.)

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay