[C320-list] Whisker Pole

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Wed Jan 21 03:20:22 PST 2009

I neglected to mention that my pole handling basically is set-up for
single-handed cruising.  I only use the pole for DDW as the spinnaker is an
A-Sym which I also use single-handed on many an occasion.  I stand by my
position that the pole is best and most safely mounted on the mast, at least
for my purposes.  While I sailed for many years with the pole mounted on the
stanchion or on the deck and never dropped one over either, it only takes
one time.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD