[C320-list] Whisker Pole

Wed Jan 21 10:32:19 PST 2009

If you have a topping lift for it, mounting on the stanchions is not a big
deal...I have done that is pretty good swell action and not a huge issue

             "warren updike"
             <wupdike at hotmail
             .com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                 <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
             c320-list-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.catalina
             320.com                                              Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Whisker Pole

             01/21/2009 09:57
             AM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

I located a used one on the internet and bought it 40 miles from home. How
lucky can one be?  I don't race or have a spinnaker so I use it mainly on
downwind legs. I store mine on the stanchions. Here on the Chesapeake we
have no waves or swells to speak of so having to haul the pole by hand and
get it attached is not so much of a problem. However, I can imagine that
on
the open ocean having to man-handle a pole in swells could be an issue. If
were a blue water sailor, I would definitely mount it on the mast.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay