[C320-list] Perkins M30 Parts

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:17:24 PST 2009

John, Perkins-Sabre has a large distribution network. You can find a dealer
in CA (or any state,) from their web site perkins.com.  Most such dealers
are likely not marine people; but, they should have the books for the M-30
and be able to order parts.

For internet dealers I have successfully bought from tadiesels.com in VA,
and foleyengines.com in MA.  Parts are not cheap; but, they stock the common
stuff. Foley is into Perkins big-time with anything you might need. They
also have new and rebuilt Hurth gears. For an alternate oil filter you can
use the NAPAGold 1348 that TADiesels sent me when Perkins was in a parts
change.  They also have an On Board Cruise kit for the M-30 which, if you
were thinking of cruising outside of the lower 50, you might consider
having.

For impellers, I've been using the Globe Composits (part #6541) Run-Dry
impeller with great success. It's a 6-blade vs the 10-blade OEM impeller.
Globe informs me that the flow rates are comparable. Defender.com carries
these for about $21.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay