[C320-list] Tall ship cruise of the Polynesian Islands

Michael Ferguson coralman at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 23 08:33:36 PST 2009

Bruce
I did the trip about 10 years ago. We flew to Papetee where we boarded the
Wind Star and sailed to Bora Bora , Moorea, Taha and Huahine. You anchor
inside the atoll reef and the boat offers land excursions, diving , etc. I
rented a motorcycle and toured on my on. I did dive on 3 islands,
spectacular. Water temp is in upper 70's , a bit cold for a Florida boy. I
think the boat only had 250 passengers and about 50 crew. Each night locals
came aboard to entertain us with dancing. The dress was casual even at
dinner. After motoring out the engines stopped and raised the 11 story
sails. It was a great trip. Always wanted to go back, maybe someday.
You will have a great time.
Michael
169
Nauti Clew