[C320-list] C320 MKII ladder & safety

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 09:37:46 PST 2009

Yes OD!

Do not count on the ladder if you are alone and fallen in the water.

* If sails are up say bye bye to the vessel.
* If motor is running say bye bye to the vessel and maybe something
else!
* If you are in steep seas and you can miraculously stay with the
boat, good luck boarding a ladder that is acting like a spear if
down.  Heck - try to lower a ladder even in 2' seas.

Good things about the ladder:
* Nice for fun and swimming
* If calm or light winds, and someone falls overboard AND you have a
crew it makes boarding easy.
* Great gate way for boarding a dingy
* I use it in the winter to get up on the boat when the boat is in the
cradle.
* Easy access and boarding for rafting up.
* Also good and wide for SCUBA and Snorkeling - one of the original
reasons I loved this ladder!
...add your favorite reasons.

Best Regards,
Andrew