[C320-list] Portlight information...

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 09:12:48 PDT 2009

I just returned from a couple of weeks on the boat and the good news
regarding this year's New England weather is that I found all of my leaks!
With that said, I need some information on the lewmar portlight O-rings. I
have the 'old style' ports and need to determine if they are Size 0 or Size
1 and what size the O-Rings are. I know they are metric and I'm hoping to
find somewhere local to buy them. Also, can anyone describe how to remove
the 'dogs' to get at the O-Rings?

One other curious thing that I can't quite figure out-my fuel vent doesn't
seem to be working properly. I measure my fuel usage in hours and am quite
sure as to the amount I need. During this trip when the tank had about 15
gallons in it, the vent started spitting fuel. At first I thought it was
bubbles from pouring too fast, but I use a filter and even after pouring
very slowly, this still happens. Any suggestions other than removing the
vent and inspecting, which I plan to do? I don't think it's the vent because
when I changed fuel filters a few weeks ago and primed the racor, I could
hear air passing out of the vent..Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Jon Vez

Solstice #582