[C320-list] Boat Speed

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Wed Jul 1 11:18:59 PDT 2009

Larry,

I am not familiar with the winds in your part of the world, but if
they are light a 155% is a must.  I paired mine up with a 100% Jib.

For the "Beer Can" Races we try to avoid sail changes during a race,
however we will guess and set the sail prior to the race.  For the big
open water sailboat races sail changes are a must.  We drop the upper
swivel below the sail feed nub to the furler drum and configure the
furling system to do a sail peel.  In other words lets say we have a
155% sail flying and the winds pick-up.  We then raise the jib in the
other track on the furler, and then lower the 155% sail once the other
sail is fully raised.  This way we are always powered under sail.

I would also agree to adding the adjustable genoa cars - that was an
early add for us too.

Andrew

C320 "Dawn Treader"