[C320-list] Boat Speed

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Wed Jul 1 11:26:23 PDT 2009

Larry,

A few other items:

* Dacron sails are definitely heavier and have stretch to them - very
bad for racing.  Actually I do not like them for cruising either.  You
may want to look at used UK Gold sails.

* I did strip the bottom for that "Racing Finish", however I did not
find the gain I did with sails, fin keel and the folding prop.
Actually the stripped bottom later proved to be a disaster.  After the
second season damage had been done during the process and it was a
costly repair (a very long story).  So what do I do now? Micron CSC -
and I win races still (even a 2nd in the Queen's Cup!).  Stripping the
bottom is costly with marginal improvements if any at all, at least in
my experience.

* Again, up date the sheets with low stretch ones.

-- Andrew
C320 "Dawn Treader"