[C320-list] Battery Management

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Wed Jul 1 20:36:23 PDT 2009

> I am brand new to this list and have owned my 320 for just a
> week.  We are leaving on a weeks cruise on Sat.  I am
> concerned about the drain on my batteries.

Paul,

I have fitted a BEP Battery Monitor (See
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|328|51495|316469&id=776675)
which has taken all the worry about battery charge.  It monitors the state
of charge of one battery bank and can monitor the voltage on up to three or,
as in my case, two battery banks and the bilge pump usage.  The bilge pump
monitor will tell you how many times it has run and for how long in total
since the last reset - gives great peace of mind when you get back to the
boat and the pump hasn't run or hardly run at all.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #114