[C320-list] Replace Main Halyard

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 02:37:35 PDT 2009

I remove my halyards at the end of every season. I keep my old halyards for
messengers. Since I really want to avoid fishing out a halyard at all costs,
for the first few seasons I butted the ends together and ran a few threads
through each halyard and then duct tape length wise. After a few seasons,
I've gotten very comfortable with just the duct tape. I use one wrap around
the ends (end to end) and then overlap that with about a foot of tape length
wise...no issues in 7 years.

Karl--110 is the right amount as I've used this length for about 7 years
now. As for splicing--the VPC is not the easiest to get a good splice in....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582