[C320-list] Roller Fuller Harken vs Profurl

Ken Danko ken320 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 2 08:27:02 PDT 2009

I moved the block that was closest to the drum (2.5 ft away) to the
strut on the bow pulpit that is closest to the drum (5 inches away).
This made a HUGE difference. The other thing that I found is important
is to keep some tension on the furling line when unfurling the jib. I
also spray silicone lubricant on the bearings twice a year. The newer
models have a hole specifically for flushing the drum with fresh water,
the older ones require that you point a hose up from the bottom.
Flushing the salt out is important. I never have a jam, unfurling is a
breeze (no pun intended) and I can reef or furl by myself in 35 knot
winds with no problem.

Ken Danko
#802, Grace