[C320-list] Battery Management

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Thu Jul 2 12:15:57 PDT 2009

There's been a lot of good info in the other replies.  How to manage and
recharge your batteries can have a quasi-religious flavor, so just let me
add a few data points that may help you get through your upcoming trip:
Your boat came standard with 2 4D batteries.  If I recall correctly, these
are good new for around 160 AH each - for a total of 320 AH.

I've found that when on the hook in the Chesapeake, running the frig,
stereo, anchor and cabin lights (and not particularly attempting to
conserve) I use around 120 AH per 24-hour period.

I also found the standard alternator was good for putting about 25-30
AH/hour back into the batteries.

Hope that helps.