[C320-list] Hull Striping update

MARTIN and SUSAN RAPHAEL mraphael at q.com
Mon Jul 6 11:24:28 PDT 2009

Just a quick note to thank all of you who gave me suggestions on removing and replacing the hull striping.  My wife and I completed the work this weekend and it came out great.  I took your advice and used some detergent to spray the hull before applying the new tape, and that was a huge help as minor adjustments were needed as we went along.  I ended up getting a double stripe, one narrow (about 5/16 inch) and one wider (about 1 inch), both dark blue (sapphire, actually).  Removal of the old tape was easy (but time consuming) with a heat gun and patience.

Martin Raphael #108