[C320-list] Tachometer Problem

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 20:59:53 PDT 2009

Larry-Good pictures and what you have concluded matches the Yammer Service
Manual for the 3GM30F.  The number of teeth on the ring gear for the 3GM30F
is 97.  For the 3HM35 version of this engine which I think is the sail drive
model, the number of teeth is 114.  According to the Manual, the basic
tachometers and the sending units for for either ring gear are the same so
the black dial looks like it is used for switching to either ring gear
probably.  This is not shown in the Service Manual and it doesn't mention
the calibration screw.

>From your pictures it is clear how to dial in a working the tachometer if it
is off from actual RPMs measured at the crank shaft pulley.

 Bob Sloat
Savannah 894