[C320-list] Prop Shaft Fell Out of Coupler !

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Jul 13 05:19:47 PDT 2009

Joe,

Did you happen to knotice whether the shaft had dimples drilled in it where the bolts are?

If not,  there should be holes at least 3/16"  or so deep for the bolts.

Use Loc-Tite blue to keep the bolts in place.

I don't know the official way to wire the bolts, but I ran the wire through the bolt, then 1 tight wrap clockwise around the bolt (below the hole) before heading to the next and repeating that.  I think from there I just twisted the two ends together and tucked it in under the wires between the bolts.

Our wire was sized so that it was actually 2 strands twisted together.  That pair was what I ran through the bolt heads.

-Jeff