[C320-list] What is that wire for?

coralman at bellsouth.net coralman at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 19 18:47:46 PDT 2009

I have noticed lately the shifter is very hard to move from forward , neutral, reverse.  I tried to shift at the transmission direct linkage and its easy to  move into and out of gear while the cable is still attached and the gear lever at the binacle moves with ease while moving it. I removed the cable at the shifter lever up top and the shifter moves very easy. After reconnecting the cable to the gear lever its hard to shift again. My thoughts are the cable needs replacing but doesn't make sense that at the transmission its easy to move. Seems like the cable would be hard to move at either end.
Any ideas
Thanks
Michael
Nauti Clew 169