[C320-list] Asymmetrical rigging-Catalina spec location for spinnaker block

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 16:21:32 PDT 2009

Jim-The owner's manual for my 2002 320 (hull 894) shows on the deck plan
that the pad eye for the spinnaker block is located on the deck outward from
each primary winch.  I mounted folding pad eyes there as far out from the
primary winch as you could go.   There is no core the to worry about and the
sheet from the spinnaker doesn't rub on any part of the boat at all angles
of sail and the lead to the winch is proper.  Until you find a better
location, just mount the spinnaker block at the rear cleat to eliminate the
damage from a block on 3 feet of line.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894