[C320-list] First time out and QUESTIONS!

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Thu Jul 30 23:22:27 PDT 2009

Hello Brad, Mary, Monica and Jarod,

Welcome to the C320!  Now here is my quick take on your questions:

On Jul 30, 2009, at 10:20 PM, Brad Kuether wrote:

>  1.. Is the snubber standard, or was it put on the by the PO?

Certainly that is NOT standard on my vessel.

>  2.. Can it be removed or is 40 degrees really what the turning
> radius is?

I can turn my wheel I believe over 540 deg in either direction.
Something is very wrong with your steering, unless they changed
something in the later models.

>  3.. Has anyone had problems with the wheel getting loose?  (I
> tightend the piece that hold the wheel on and it just got loose
> again. )

Yes - use lock tite or something like it.

>  4.. If you plug the boat in will it charge the batteries and does
> the battery switch need to be in the on position for that to
> happen?.  (I know RTFM, but I spent all my time diagnosing the
> steering!)

If your battery charger switch on the AC side of the panel is pushed
to ON then when you plug the boat in (and AC current is flowing in the
system you are then charging the batteries.  As far as charging the
batteries with the battery switch in the ON position that depends on
how it is wired - some of us have modified our battery bank and
circuitry.   On mine I set it to the BOTH position.

>  5.. Is there a temperature where the engine can safely be
> shutdown?  (3GM30) I have never had a gage just knew if I let it
> idle for 5 mins or so it would be fine.  ( I know probably another
> RTFM)

When I am in I just shut down the engine and never think of a cool
down period.  Never had a problem with the engine.

> Thanks and I am sure I will have more questions after we go out
> more.....

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Andrew