[C320-list] First time out and QUESTIONS!

Ray Durand durand.mail at verizon.net
Fri Jul 31 06:47:55 PDT 2009

On hull #822 there's a rubber stop attached to the quadrant that limits
wheel rotation.  Before I added a rudder sensor for my autopilot, I was able
to turn my wheel approximately 1 1/2 turns both clockwise and counter
clockwise (approximately 540 degrees total wheel rotation).  When I
installed the rudder sensor a couple of years ago, I had to modify the stop
because the sensor couldn't handle the entire 540 degrees range, so a mod
was required to narrow up the range a little bit. If you have a rudder
sensor installed, maybe that's what the PO did, and restricted rotation too
much?

Ray Durand