[C320-list] Starting issue

james_delong james_delong at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 8 05:59:12 PDT 2009

After a great two days off the coast of Georgia we returned to home port only to find we could not start to engine.  Sea Tow did a great job pushing us into our slip. Paid for the membership for three years!

After starting the engine successfully about 5 times on the trip the last try went like this.....

First attempt, power was to the panel (oil pressure light went on, etc) but the starter button did nothing.  After a few try's turning the key off and on then trying the button again, we had no power to the panel. It acted as if the batteries were not turned on.  Nothing!  Batteries are fine as all other electrical equipment is working as it should.

Just nothing at the ignition.  I'm guessing it is the ignition switch or starter button.  My thought is to just replace both.

Any other ideas?  Anything else in the system that may cause power to be interrupted at the ignition?

Thanks all!  Jim #453