[C320-list] Throttle

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at comcast.net
Mon Jun 8 06:25:53 PDT 2009

Disconnect the cable where it attaches to the throttle plate lever on the
engine.  Try moving the throttle lever and see how hard it is to move.  Mine
had rust around it due to a very slight leak from either one of the coolant
hoses or heat exchanger gasket that dripped down the side of the engine.
Even when I ran the engine and looked for the leak I could not see any
leakage. I tightened the hose clamp and the nuts on the heat exchanger but
still see that there must be a slight leak.  If the throttle plate is hard
to move, lubricate with WD 40 or other corrosion inhibitor and work the
lever by hand at the engine.  That solved my problem. The cable itself was
fine.

Joe Tamucci #619 Andante