[C320-list] Steering cable adjustment

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Mon Jun 8 12:38:23 PDT 2009

Be aware of a recall by Edson that affected hull numbers around ours.
It seems they shipped some cables to Catalina that were a bit too long and
could not be tightened properly after the initial stretch period. I hung
upside down in my steering locker (always fun!) and found I had one as
evidenced by too much thread protruding. They quickly sent me a replacement
cable which I will install when/if the stretch causes trouble. I think a
bulletin is on their web site

Happy Sailing!
John
2007 C320 MKII, Hull # 1118
Lake Guntersville, AL

'Twenty years from now, you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't
do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the
safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream."  -Mark
Twain