[C320-list] Steering cable adjustment

Irving Grunes igrunes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:08:32 PDT 2009

Bill,
The steering cables are terminated at the quadrant in two eyebolts
The eyebolts extend under the quadrant and are fastened with two nut so as
to lock the eyebolts.
On #851, it takes two 1/2 inch wrenches to unlock the two nuts that are
jammed together. Then tighten the eyebolt to take up the cable slack.
Then lock the two nuts together to keep them from slipping.
The edson catalog layout for the wheel quandrant set up shows the system in
general terms.

Irving Grunes 2001 #851