[C320-list] Battery Fill Up

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:29:07 PDT 2009

I looked at the flow-rite site and called them. They don't have a watering
system for 4D or 8D batteries, and referred me to http://janwp.com in Grand
Haven, MI. I called them too, and learned that they have the only watering
system for 4D/8D batteries - in the world (so he says.) They source this
from a place in Canada. However, the valves will only fit a 3/4" press-in
battery opening such as on an Interstate 4D-XHD. They are sending me
additional information.

They sell a Kit complete with hoses for 2 batteries for $170 shipping
included. A press-bulb hand pump is and additional $20. The tail of the pump
is a filter you can drop into a gallon bottle of distilled water as a
source. I considering buying.

I'm thinking I can keep the water bottle under the small cover at the fwd
end of the stbd setee, and keep the hose permanently installed with a
grommet in the neck of the bottle. That way, I need to water, just reach in
and pump.

How I would know when to pump and how much I haven't solved. Yet, it looks
interesting.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay