[C320-list] Jabsco Head replacement

Ed Edwards edandsue.pt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 15:45:32 PDT 2009

Coincidently, yesterday I found a fracture in the base of the pump housing
on our PAL head.  I went to West Marine and bought the JABSCO replacement
which was on sale, pleasant surprise.  I decided that for the price
replacing the entire unit was better than replacing the pump housing. The
change-out took about 30 minutes.  The base is attached to the deck with 4
lag bolts.  Remove the water lines and the discharge line then replace the
old unit.  A little spray cleanser and a handful of paper towels was all it
took.

The JABSCO comes with a water line from the pump to the bowl, remove that
line and reattach the original water lines ,anti-syphon.

I made on small mistake, I used the original discharge hose fitting.  I
didn't realize that there was a one way valve inside that fitting until I
had it all back together.  The old valve is still in place, I'll keep the
new one in case the old one fails.

It was the easiest plumbing job I've ever had.

Ed Edwards, REBOUND  #347