[C320-list] AC leaking

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sat Jun 20 17:46:57 PDT 2009

Peggy,

It would seem that the only sources of water from an A/C are the condensate and the raw water so don't rule anything out yet.

Have you checked for an overflowing condensate pan?

Water wont leak out of the "suck" side of the raw water system so check from pump outlet to the overboard discharge.

If you are in salt water you might want to taste the bilge water and see if it is salty (raw water leak) or fresh (condensate). (Then again, you may not want to go that far)

Happy Sailing!
John
2007 C320 MKII, Hull # 1118
Lake Guntersville, AL

'Twenty years from now, you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream."  -Mark Twain