[C320-list] Slips at Greenport, LI, Jib line problem

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jun 23 18:00:51 PDT 2009

RE: Jib furler problem

I agree with Scott.  My boat has the block in nearly an identical place.
The other thing is to just be sure that you've wound the line on the drum
the right direction.  It's easy to wind it the other direction and have it
still function, but not wind as neatly.

And of course, keep good tension on the furling line when pulling the genny
out so that it winds tightly, otherwise, it can jam when refurling, or pile
up and jam.

It's a pretty easy to adjust at the dock if the wind is light and close
hauled.  You can furl/unfurl it a few times making some adjustments.
Of course, the power boaters might start pulling up lawn chairs to see what
this crazy sailor is up to next...
-Jeff

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:00:15 -0400, Scott Thompson
<surprise at thompson87.com>

http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20090623114720941