[C320-list] C320 Headsails

DONALD DIXON donauw at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 24 13:06:47 PDT 2009

Having just replaced my 155% dacron (original Catalina sail) with a 135% I can advise AGAINST going to the 155%.  In light air it is was too heavy.  In heavier are the boat was quickly over powered.  I replaced the 155 with a North 135 and in 12 - 15 kt winds gained about 1 kt of boat speed in all points of sail except downwind.

Have you considered a Gennaker?

Regards,

Don Dixon
Stargazer, #605