[C320-list] C320 Headsails

Wed Jun 24 13:17:00 PDT 2009

I am a huge proponent of a UK Tape Drive 150% for So Cal....when I had #112 that's what installed and it improved performance by 100%--I'm in Marina del Rey....

I did the same thing last year with my 440--UK Tape Drive. 140%
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Thomas Moore" [trmoore at ucsd.edu]
Sent: 06/24/2009 12:54 PM MST
To: <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com>
Subject: [C320-list] C320 Headsails

I would appreciate opinions regarding upgrading my existing 135% furling headsail on my hull #1143 (Mark II) to something bigger.  Sailing in the frequently very light winds of San Diego we often find ourselves feeling under powered.  Is it worth upgrading to 150 - 155%?  What material?
Tom Moore
MooreFun C320 #1143

Thomas R. Moore MD
Professor and Chairman