[C320-list] Rust stains on rudder

Gene Musante gmusante at msn.com
Sat Mar 14 02:14:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

I did a visual inspection of my boat today, and notice two rust stains which are seeping through the bottom paint on the rudder.  One is on the lower port side of the rudder about 12 inches from the bottom.  The other is high on the starboard side about 12 inches from the top of the rudder.  Both are along the centerline of the rudder and are spiderweb-like stains.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Can anyone explain what might be causing it, and what course of action is appropriate?

Thanks!

Gene Musante

gmusante at msn.com

AFFINITY