[C320-list] Tacking

Ed Edwards edandsue.pt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 20:23:05 PDT 2009

I was having problems with my 150 (mylar/kevlar) hanging up on the shrouds.
2 years ago I put an 8' length of 1" PVC pipe over the forward
shrouds.  Since then I rarely need anyone by the mast to help it around,
only in light air.  I had my rigging checked last week and there is no
adverse wear or corrosion under the pipe. My boat previously had the tight
fitting wire covers that didn't help anything and the comercially available
rollers are too short and way to expensive.