[C320-list] Fwd: Re: Oven Striker

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:57:21 PST 2009

On the mechanical side...if the contact or the burner gets rusty or the
contact gets bent it won't spark properly. Clean the burner at the point
where the contact is aimed (the contact looks like a bent pencil lead) and
clean the end of the contact. The gap should be about 1/8".

This little bit of maintenance at the beginning of each summer has kept my
grill igniter functioning nicely for about 15 years and it is the same
technology as the igniters on our stoves and ovens.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC