[C320-list] on the water

Sun Mar 8 15:00:15 PDT 2009

Don,

NOTHING in any state beats Fantasy Fest...you just showed a Royal Flush...

Excellent hand my friend... :)
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: DONALD DIXON [donauw at bellsouth.net]
Sent: 03/08/2009 02:47 PM MST
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] on the water

But do you have Fantasy Fest?  <g>

________________________________
From: Larry Frank <WindSwept at stx.rr.com>
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2009 1:43:57 PM

In Corpus Christi we have hurricanes and live in Texas so maybe we have the
worst of both.......but before you guys in FL bash TX maybe you should
consider the following.

1. Full service floating slip for about the same as a mooring ball in FL.
2. Far fewer hurricanes
3. Uncrowded waters and anchoranges
4. Inexpensive to live
5. About the most stable housing prices on the US
6. Not crowded
7. Limits on overnight anchoring almost non-existent
8. Very good wind for sailing all year long and day after day
9. Number 8 above also means the heat is not nearly as stifling as in FL
10. We are a generous people, we even allow oil delivered from offshore
waters to fuel cars and boats in other states that do not allow offshore
drilling.

I travel to FL often on business and have done sailed there on a number of
occasions.  The clear blue water and white sand beaches are beautiful, I'll
admit that.  The wealth of boating and sailing resources is astounding.
Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer TX for the reasons above.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246
Corpus Christi, TX