[C320-list] When do you reef?

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Mon Mar 9 18:54:04 PDT 2009

Rick,

I totally agree with your statement.

Dawn Treader was originally a wing keel vessel.  In 1999 I converted
to a fin keel - enormous difference.

BUT - the fin keel also has an advantage when the wife and kids are
aboard.  If you run a ground it is very easy to get out and into deep
water with a fin keel.  Put the kids and wife on one side, tilt the
boat and you are off.  With a wing keel that is not happening.

Best Regards,
Andrew
C320 "Dawn Treader"