[C320-list] Messenger Line Query

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 19:13:21 PDT 2009

I save my old halyards and use those as messenger lines and leave them in
place over the winter. I simply duct tape them end to end and pull through.
Be careful with smaller lines. If you're not careful they can jump the
sheaves at the top of the mast and get jammed between the sheave and pin.
The only way to rectify is to go up and free it. Hopefully you'll still have
a halyard to use to climb the mast if you have to do this...hope this
helps..

Regards,
Jon Vez
Solstice #582